I had the pleasure of hosting a session at SharePoint Saturday Baltimore 2017. It was very well attended. In fact, it was sold out! I saw some old friends and met some new ones too.
I made a session presentation at the event entitled, “Office 365 Advanced Security Hardening with cFocus Software”. In my session, I provided an overview of Office 365 security, and subsequently made recommendations for hardening Office 365 security.
The cool part about the session was I discussed the WanaCry ransomware threat and all of the Office 365 features and services that would mitigate the threat. I also did live demonstrations of cFocus’ Office 365 environment, giving specific details about how we implemented the security recommendations in our own Office 365 tenant. The information was well received.
Please check out my presentation slides on SlideShare.net: https://www.slideshare.net/jassonwalker/sps-baltimore-2017-office-365-security-hardening-with-cfocus-software
During my session, I made reference to several articles that I promised to post on my blog. So without further ado, here is the information I promised:
- For more information about the WannaCry ransomware threat, visit my blog post: https://cfocussoftware.com/office-365-government/alert-latest-information-wannacry-ransomware-office-365/
- For more information about Secure Score, check out this link: Introducing the Office 365 Secure Score
- For more information about DKIM/SPF/DMARC, check out this link: Use DMARC to validate email in Office 365
- For more information about Threat Management, check out this link: Threat management in the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center
- For more information about Data Loss Prevention, check out this link: Overview of data loss prevention policies